‘Tis the season for Candy Cane everything! I don’t know about you guys, but I’m in full Holiday mode, thanks to all those delightfully terrible made-for-TV Christmas movies. (I know, I know, super corny. But they are so bad they are good!) We had our very first snowfall today too!
As a result, all I want to do is wrap presents, stay in my onesie and work by our Christmas tree. I’m also craving everything chocolate-y and peppermint. So naturally, I started baking!
Peppermint and Hot Chocolate has always reminded me of the Holidays. Every year I try to make something new with it! In the past I’ve made: Candy Cane Biscotti, Hot Chocolate Pancakes and Peppermint Chocolate Chip Cookies. This year I decided that my first Holiday recipe attempt would be gluten-free Candy Cane Pancakes, and they’re pretty great if I do say so myself! (I’m probably biased.)
- 1 Cup Betty Crocker's gluten-free Bisquick
- 1 Cup milk
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 2 Tsp baking powder
- 3-4 Candy canes, crushed
- Combine all ingredients except for the candy canes in a large bowl. Mix and set aside.
- Preheat your pan or grill.
- Using a ziplock bag, crush the unwrapped candy canes using a spoon or rolling pin.
- Add the crushed candy canes, setting some aside.
- Cook the pancakes as normal!
- Garnish with the leftover candy canes and maple syrup.
- You can substitute gluten-free Bisquick with regular Bisquick if you are not gluten-free!