Hey there! I’m Kait, and I’m so glad that you have found your way to my blog.
Hi there, I’m Kait! It’s so nice to “meet” you. I’m a thirty-something year old, living in a small community just outside of Toronto, Ontario with my Cavalier King Charles Spaniels.
I’m a marketer by trade and a freelancer by night, (specializing in digital marketing and branding) and blogger. I guess you could say I like to keep busy!
If you want to get to know me a little bit better, some random facts about me are:
- I almost always buy my books based on the cover… I do not recommend this strategy.
- I run local workshops about blogging, branding, social media and content creation.
- I’m gluten-free.
- I used to work at a local museum where tons of movies were filmed (Billy Madison and X-Men just to name two).
- I love music and listen to almost every genre and language! I’m a huge fan of kpop, especially BTS (Hi ARMY).
- I watch Friends at least once a day, it’s my favourite show!
- I’m a snacker and I get very protective over whatever it is I’m snacking on. (Joey does not share food!)
- Thanksgiving is my favourite holiday… because of the food.
- I love video games and am partial to PlayStation, I also still have my original NES from childhood!
- I’m very clumsy. I have a scar on my upper lip from this one time where I fell face-first into a plastic tote
- I’m a PJs, wine and a movie on a Friday night kind of gal.
- I love snail-mail and have a stationary addiction.
Teacups & Things is a lifestyle blog that I started originally back when I found out that I couldn’t eat gluten (formerly Miss Kait Online). It’s main purpose at the time was to create a space that I could share my experience with gluten-free living, however it quickly evolved beyond that.
Why “Teacups & Things”?
Teacups: Not only am I a tea lover, but I love collecting vintage teacups! My addiction started when my mom gave me her collection and it just grew from there. I started learning about them, the different manufactures, what made a cup special and so on. I now have an extensive collection I’ve curated myself, as well as collections going as far back as from my great, great grandparents. It’s kinda my thing.
Things: Basically everything else under the sun that I’m interested in. Original, huh?
What is this blog all about?
I like to share all things related to my interests – so really, this blog is about everything! I love writing about things that I’m passionate about and connecting with others who are interested in the same topics as me. I’ve always been an avid blog reader and have found that it’s very easy to spot when someone isn’t posting authentically – that’s why I’m very picky about what I share!
Because of that, some things you may find me posting about are:
- Style/fashion and beauty, I’ve loved it as long as I can remember.
- My local community (Toronto/GTA/Durham Region, Ontario).
- I’m allergic to gluten so I tend to experiment in the kitchen and love sharing my recipes.
- I treat Sunday crafternoons as a weekly religious holiday, so expect to see lots of DIYs… especially ones involving my Cricut machine.
- I really loved “themed” stuff and the every kind of holiday.
- I’m a list maker.
How can we stay in touch?
You can follow me along on social media, or subscribe to my blog via email. All of this information can be found in the sidebar to the right or in the top menu!
Where can I find everything?
You can browse by categories using the main menu, or you can check out some of the most recent posts from select categories below!
Thanks for reading!
If you’d like to connect with me, you can reach me in the following ways: