Happy national waffle day! Who doesn’t love a good waffle? Seriously. I originally came up with this idea for last week’s Gastropost’s mission, which was to re-invent the way a food item was traditionally eaten. I have had waffle sandwiches before, and knew how delicious they could be but I have to admit even I was blown away by the end result of this one.
I really want a waffle maker, but since I don’t have one I use Nature Path’s gluten free waffles. For this one, I chose the wild berry waffle and it worked so perfectly with the apples and the rich taste of the brie. Not to mention that the honey mustard added a nice punch but still had a bit of sweetness to it.Not to toot my own horn or anything, but I made some for my family as well and they all asked me to make it for them again the next day hah! What’s your favourite way to eat waffles?
- Sliced granny smith (green) apple
- Brie cheese
- Roasted turkey deli meat
- Honey mustard
- Nature Path’s gluten free wild berry buckwheat waffles
- Slice the apples, wash the spinach and arugula and set aside
- In an oven safe dish, bake the brie at 350F for 5-10 minutes or until melted
- Pop the waffles in the toaster, then assemble once they’re done!