Happy Monday and belated Easter! I spent the weekend baking these treats for my family Easter dinner at my Grandmother’s. I love Easter because it always gets me so excited for spring.. Mother nature had different plans though, and it actually started to snow in the middle of our Easter dinner. I suppose I can’t complain too much though because I do remember there still being snow on Mother’s Day last year! Man, what a drag that was.
Anyhoo, these cupcakes were a huge hit this past weekend, even those in my family that aren’t gluten free loved them! I’m sure if you’re not gluten free you could easily use a regular mix for this recipe. (If you do, be sure to let me know how they turn out!)
- 1 box of Betty Crocker gluten free vanilla cake mix
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 Butter, softened
- 1 Tsp baking powder
- 2/3 Cup milk
- 1 Tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1 Carrot, shredded
- Preheat the oven to 350F. In a large mixing bowl, start by combining all of the dry ingredients first.
- Next, combine the milk, eggs, vanilla extract and lemon juice. Mix thoroughly then add the butter, lemon zest and carrots.
- Bake at 350F for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- For the icing, I used this recipe but also added some more lemon zest. Alternatively, you could just use Betty Crocker’s whipped cream cheese icing.