I don’t know about you guys, but hot chocolate is kind of a staple in my house during the Holidays. I’ve seen some recipes like hot chocolate cookies, brownies cake, etc. before and one day I woke up craving hot chocolate and pancakes so I thought, hey why not!
This recipe is super easy; it only has 5 ingredients! After going gluten-free I was kind of irritated at the lack of easy-pancake options out there that were equally as delicious; until Betty Crocker’s Gluten-free Bisquick mix came out. I do alter their directions slightly. I find adding in some extra sugar and baking powder makes them perfectly fluffy and delicious.
- 1 Box of Betty Crocker's Gluten-free Bisquick mix
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tsp baking powder
- 1/2 Cup of hot chocolate
- Mini marshmallows
- Follow the directions for Pancakes as per on the box.
- Add 2 tbsp of sugar and 1 tsp of baking powder.
- Toss in some marshmallows.
- To make swirled pancakes, like I did, separate the batter into two bowls; add 1/2 cup of hot chocolate powder into one.I poured one batter first making a small pancake and then quickly poured the second batter on top in the centre. I then gently dragged a spoon through to create the swirls.
- Fry them up, and garnish with some more marshmallows and maple syrup!
- If you don't want them to be swirled, just use more hot chocolate powder.