Hi there, I’m Kait (pronouns she/her), and it’s so nice to “meet” you! I’m a digital marketing professional by day, and a lifestyle blogger and content creator by night. I live in Durham Region, (just outside of Toronto, ON) with my Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, Ruffi. I’m gluten-free, collect teacups, have an extreme fondness for handwritten letters, and am a huge fan of kpop and BTS.
Teacups & Things is a lifestyle blog that I started when I found out I couldn’t eat gluten – however, it quickly evolved beyond that.
Teacups & Things is a lifestyle blog that I started when I found out that I couldn’t eat gluten. Its main purpose at the time was to create a space where I could share my experience with gluten-free living, however, it quickly evolved beyond that. It’s now a space where I share all of my interests including style, beauty/skincare, my local community, food, DIYs and more.
Blogging has given me so many incredible opportunities – I’ve made new friends and have worked with some of my favourite brands. It even led me to a new career path (digital marketing) and going back to school!
Get to know me
If you want to get to know me a little bit better, some random facts about me are:
- I almost always buy my books based on the cover… I do not recommend this strategy.
- I’m passionate about education and sometimes run local workshops about blogging, branding, social media and content creation. I’m also a part-time college instructor, where I teach social media to PR students!
- I firmly believe that sandwiches taste better when they are cut diagonally. (This is especially important with gluten-free bread!)
- I used to work at a local museum where tons of movies were filmed (Billy Madison and X-Men just to name two).
- I love music and listen to almost every genre and language! I’m a huge fan of kpop, especially BTS (hi, ARMY).
- I watch Friends at least once a day, it’s my favourite show.
- I’m a snacker and get very protective of my snacks. (Joey does not share food!)
- I love video games and am partial to the PlayStation console. I also still have my original NES from childhood.
- I’m very clumsy. I have a scar on my upper lip from this one time when I fell face-first into a plastic tote.
- I’m a PJs, wine and a movie on a Friday night kind of person.
- I love snail-mail and have a stationery addiction.
About Teacups & Things
The story behind Teacups & Things
Something I get asked a lot is why I chose the name Teacups & Things for my blog. Here’s why!
Teacups: Not only am I a tea lover, but I love collecting vintage teacups! This started back when my mom gave me some of her teacups, and my passion and interest quickly grew from there. I started learning about them, the different manufacturers, what made a cup special and so on. I now have an extensive collection I’ve curated myself, as well as collections going as far back as from my great, great grandparents. It’s kind of my thing.
Things: I post and write about any and all of my interests on my blog and social media channels. Basically, this represents that. Original, huh?
What is this blog all about?
I like to share all things related to my interests – so really, this blog is about everything! I love writing about things that I’m passionate about and connecting with others who are interested in the same topics as me. I’ve always been an avid reader of blogs and have found that it’s easy to spot when someone isn’t posting authentically, so I try to keep it real around here. When it comes to sponsored posts, they are all products or topics that naturally interest me, or that I truly love as well.
Because of that, some things you may find me posting about are:
- Style/fashion and beauty, I’ve loved it for as long as I can remember.
- My local community (Toronto/GTA/Durham Region, Ontario).
- I’m gluten-free, so I tend to experiment in the kitchen and love sharing my recipes.
- I treat Sunday crafter-noons as a weekly religious holiday, so expect to see lots of DIYs… especially ones involving my Cricut machine.
- Products I love – including beauty and skincare products, home goods, food and drink products, and more.
- I also really love “themed” stuff and holidays.
You can browse by category here.
How can we stay in touch?
You can follow me along on social media, or subscribe to my blog via email. All of this information can be found in the top menu! If you’re interested in collaborating with me in some way, talking shop, or just want to say hi, you can drop me a note here.
Elsewhere + Notable Moments
- Featured in: the Everygirl and BuzzFeed
- Contributor, The Wonder Forest
- Contributor, e-course ‘Make Art a Part of Your Life‘ – Design and Typography
- Talk show guest for “Daytime Durham” – Bloggers Week, double segment
- Public Speaker and Workshop Leader – “Intro to Blogging” for Brand Ambition
- Public Speaker and Workshop Leader – “Social Media for Small Business Owners and Entrepreneurs” at local colleges for various programs/courses
- Book – “You Care Too Much” for With/out Pretend, layout & design
- Book – “Happy If You Know It” for With/out Pretend, layout & design
- Book – “Portraits” for With/out Pretend, art direction
Disclaimer: All opinions and thoughts expressed on this blog are my own unless otherwise stated and do not reflect the opinion of any institution, organization or employer.